How CSSF changed this student's perception of Shakespeare
With schools closed for the majority of children, World Book Day on Thursday 4th March 2021 is going to be a little different this year.
Our friends at Coram Beanstalk, and Very.co.uk are using their partnership to launch a new activity to engage children across the country in World Book Day and bring them together while at home. Instead of dressing up as their favourite book character we’re encouraging children to draw or make (using arts and crafts) their favourite book character. Children and schools can enter their drawing into a competition via social media with some wonderful prizes up for grabs thanks to support from Crayola. Please show your support by getting involved and helping us spread the word across the country so we can bring everyone together and share the joy of reading during this difficult time.
- To enter the Coram Beanstalk and Very ‘World Book Day’ competition and bag yourself a bundle of fabulous Crayola goodies simply draw, paint or craft your favourite book character and post a picture of your masterpiece on social media on Thursday 4th March. Don’t forget to use #VeryWBD and tag @beanstalkreads and @ssf_uk so we can find your entry for the World Book Day competition and share your picture as part of our virtual gallery!
- Entry into the competition is free but if you’re able to help Coram Beanstalk be there for children who struggle with their reading and have fallen behind as a result of the pandemic and school closures, please text WBDBEANSTALK plus your donation amount to 70085. Your support will help Coram Beanstalk share the joy of reading to more children who need vital support.
- Once you’ve drawn your picture and shared it on social media to enter the competition why not display it in your front window at home so everyone in your local community can share in the joy of World Book Day. If you’re in school, you could display them in your classroom window or at the school entrance.
Terms and Conditions
• Who can enter?
o The competition is open to children of all ages but please seek parental guidance, support and agreement before entering the competition and posting on social media
• How to enter the competition?
o Draw your favourite book character and post a picture on social media using #VeryWBD and tagging @beanstalkreads
o Competition entries will be accepted via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Competition entry dates
o Competition entry opens at midnight on Wednesday 3rd March and closes at midnight of World Book Day – Thursday 4th March
o Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, delayed or rendered unrecognisable in the post.
• How and when the competition will be judged
o Winners will be chosen at random by a judging panel made up of Coram Beanstalk, Very and Crayola
o Winner will be announced via Coram Beanstalk and Very social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) on Monday 8th March
• Details of the prizes and how/when they will be provided
o Prizes have been donated to Coram Beanstalk and Very by Crayola and are worth a minimum of £100
o There is one main prize consisting of £300 worth of Crayola arts and crafts supplies as well as seven highly commended prizes worth £100 each. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize in the event of the original prize being unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
o Prize winners will be contacted by Coram Beanstalk/Very via reply to their social media post of their drawing
o On being contacted winners will be required to provide a contact name and delivery address for their prize to be delivered to
o Prize winners details will be passed onto Crayola who will deliver the prize bundles directly to the winner from their distribution site