How the Festival helped Tyler rejoin mainstream education
You have a new arrival, add William S to your register. This term, let's shake it up and make "Back to School" become "Back to Shakespeare". Shakespeare's works are more than just old English texts; they're a gateway to exploring humanity's deepest complexities. We harness the power of Shakespeare to create a learning experience that is both engaging and intellectually stimulating. Here's how:
- Building Confidence: Through acting and performing Shakespeare's plays, students develop oracy and essential life skills such as public speaking, self-assurance, and emotional intelligence that lasts a lifetime. 99% of our teachers reported their students we confident after working with us.
- Fostering Creativity: Shakespeare's stories are a wellspring of creativity. Students are encouraged to interpret, adapt, and even modernise these works, igniting their imagination. 99% of our teachers said their students were able to express themselves creatively.
- Encouraging Critical Thinking: Shakespeare's plays tackle universal themes like love, power, and ambition. Analysing his texts challenges students to think critically and empathetically about the world around them. 97% of our teachers told us their students were able to empathise with each other.
- Promoting Inclusivity across Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools: We believe that Shakespeare is for everyone, and our programmes ensure that young people from all backgrounds can access and benefit from our work. 95% of our teachers said their young people were interested in Shakespeare after working with us.
As students step back into the school environment, we are offering an array of programmes that complement their curriculum and provide a holistic educational experience:
- Festival Experience:Coram Shakespeare Schools Foundation's flagship event, the Theatre Festival, allows students from all backgrounds to perform Shakespeare on professional stages across the UK. Find out more about the world’s largest youth drama festival here.
- Workshops: Engaging workshops led by industry professionals provide hands-on experience in acting, public speaking, and storytelling, enriching students' understanding of theatre and teamwork. From introductory sessions to GCSE deep-dives, we’ve got you covered. Explore our workshops here.
- Resources and Support: We offer an extensive library of award-winning resources and teacher training (CPD) to help you integrate Shakespeare into your classrooms effectively. We help you every step of the way. Get your FREE resources here.
- Community Engagement: We encourage schools, teachers and students to share their love for Shakespeare with their communities, bridging the gap between the classroom and the wider world. Join one of our programmes and a network of Coram Shakespeare Schools Foundation schools on #OurStage.
As students don their backpacks and sharpen their pencils, we want to offer you the chance to make this academic year extraordinary. By delving into Shakespeare's world, you’ll discover the joy of self-expression, the power of empathy, and the thrill of stagecraft with your young people. So why not embark on a Shakespearean adventure with your school this year?
As we bid adieu to summer and embrace the joys of autumn, let’s remember that education isn’t just about textbooks and exams. With Coram Shakespeare Schools Foundation, it's about fostering a love of learning, nurturing creativity, and building a strong foundation for the future. So, let's say goodbye to "Back to School" and embrace "Back to Shakespeare" – educational experiences to leave a lasting impact on your students.